The Galaxy Freight International’s import services team is well-versed in all the latest laws and regulations, is able to drastically reduce your paperwork load, expedites the transport of your precious cargo and, most importantly, is able to lower your shipping costs. With Galaxy Freight International on your side, you can rest assured that our convenient, flexible, reliable import services will help you complete your shipping import with ease.
In order for us to provide the most accurate quote, and most cost-effective import services, then we need to have a very clear picture of all your import requirements. We can only quote you on the information that you provide, so please provide all the following information:
- The number of pieces in your shipment
- The weight and dimensions of your cargo
- The exact location of the freight and the destination to which it needs to be shipped. Keep in mind that some locations, particularly in China, have very similar spelling, so providing a postcode can be very helpful.
- Your buying terms, as these will determine what freight and local charges you need to pay.
- If you opt for air freight, then we need to know how urgent your shipment is. Do you need it in 1 day, 3 days, or 7 days? The faster, and more direct, an air freight service, the more expensive.
- If you opt for sea freight, then we need the correct departure port. Your shipper may have their head office in a capital city, but their factory may located in another part of the country. If we get this wrong, then our quote could be way out.
We are always more than happy to assist with customs clearance. If you would like us to take care of all customs clearance for your next import, then we will require the following documents:
- Original Bill of Lading (if you are using another forwarder or the shipper has arranged the freight movement)
- Commercial Invoice and Packing List
- Quarantine Packing Declaration, which must be signed by the shipper and provided on letterhead; Australian Quarantine will not accept unless both these requirements are satisfied. Please note, a rubber stamp will not suffice as a signature.
- Fumigation Certificate, if required.
- If you are importing Machinery, then we will need a New Machinery Declaration.
- If you are importing from the USA, then we will require a USA Free Trade agreement form from the shipper.
- A Letter of Authority from you, confirming your permission for us to act as your Customs Broker.
We can provide all these forms ‑ just ask!
Keep in Mind
- Be careful if you get a freight quote from your shipper —it probably won’t include the Australian Port and Clearance charges. If you’re not sure, then check your buying terms. These will explain what costs are covered.
- Be aware of what you have to pay once your cargo arrives in Australia. Port charges and freight forwarders all charge different rates, so they will vary from shipment to shipment.
- Most shipments will incur quarantine fees, even if you think your products are non-quarantine items.
Contact Us Today
Feel free to contact Galaxy Freight International today for a free, no obligation import quote. We’re always happy to help!